Tahini Dark Chocolate Cookies (Gluten Free)
Fresh ground flaxseed
Baking pure soda
½ Cup pure maple syrup
3 tsps organic coconut flour
¼ Cup chopped dark chocolate
½ tsp Vanilla extract
¼ Cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
½ tsp cinnamon & sea salt, for authentic taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine the ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl and leave for 10-15 minutes or until thick and gelatinous.
- If you add coconut flakes to the recipe, preheat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the coconut flakes and stir constantly until golden (this will take about 2-4 minutes). Remove from the pan and allow to cool. This step is optional, but highly recommended.
- Once the flaxseed mixture has setup, use a medium size mixing bowl to combine GOLDEN VIRGIN® Organic tahini with honey & dark choco, maple syrup, flaxseed mixture, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in coconut flour, toasted coconut (if using) and dark chocolate chips.
- Wipe the cookie batter using a small / medium cooking spoon or tablespoon and place it on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart between each cookie. Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on cookies, if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before touching or removing.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.